200 Taub Drive, Deerfield, IL 60015 USA
12th JUDAIC ART & JEWELRY FAIR ARTIST CONTRACT INFORMATION
Welcome to Moriah Congregation’s 12th JUDAIC ART & JEWELRY FAIR (“SHOW”). We are extremely excited to have you join us.
Set up hours:
- Wednesday, March 7, 2018, 10:00 am – 9:00 pm
- Thursday, March 8, 2018, 10:00 am – 5:00 pm
- Thursday, March 8, 2018, 7:00 pm — 10:00 pm, Sponsor Preview Event
- Friday, March 9, 2018, 9:00 am – 1:30 pm
- Saturday, Motzei Shabbat, March 10, 2018, (Moriah members only) 7:30 pm — 8:30 pm
- Saturday, Motzei Shabbat, March 10, 2018 (open to the public), 8:30 pm – 11:30 pm
- Sunday, March 11, 2018, 10:00 am — 5:00 pm. Artists’ party immediately to follow.
Tear down hours:
- Monday, March 12, 2018, 8:00 am – 4:00 pm
Please read this webpage in its entirety. Then fill out the ARTIST CONTRACT form of this website and click the “Submit” button located at the bottom of that form no later than Friday, November 17, 2017.
A. Please complete all information on the ARTIST CONTRACT form
1. Artist Information
- Please fill out this information as accurately as possible.
- Once you have finalized your travel plans, please fill out the information requested in the additional Art Fair forms of this website.
2. Set-up Information
- Set up will be Wednesday, March 7 from 10:00 am to 9:00 pm, and Thursday, March 8 from 10:00 am to 5:00 pm.
- ALL ARTISTS MUST COMPLETE THEIR SET-UP BY 5 PM ON THURSDAY.
- Please note: Moriah Congregation’s building is smoke-free – you may not smoke anywhere in our building at any time. There will be a designated smoking area.
3. Raffle: We require each artist to donate one item to our raffle.
- Please select one item from your work to donate to Moriah for this raffle.
- We suggest that the retail value of this raffle item be between $100-$250 (US$).
- Please be prepared to give us this item as soon as you arrive for set-up so that we may properly set up the raffle display.
4. Equipment Information
- Moriah will provide you with one six foot table, one black tablecloth, two chairs, one waste basket, one electrical outlet, one name sign and one clip-on light.
- Each booth is approximately 8′ x 8′.
- If you require additional equipment, you may rent any of the items shown on the Equipment Page for the prices indicated.
- The cost of the rental equipment will be deducted from your final check.
5. Housing Information
- Moriah congregants have graciously offered to host SHOW artists at their homes. They will provide transportation between Moriah and their home, in addition to providing some snacks and meals, including Shabbat dinner.
- You are also welcome to stay at a hotel. If you choose this option, you will be responsible for making your reservations, paying for your accommodations, as well as travel expenses to and from Moriah, and meals not provided at Moriah.
B. PRIOR TO THE SHOW
- You may ship your items to Moriah Congregation, 200 Taub Drive, Deerfield, Illinois 60015 USA, to arrive no earlier than Tuesday, March 6, 2018.
- All items must be shipped to us via either FedEx or UPS. To avoid tax issues, please make certain that the items are addressed to YOU in care of Moriah Congregation.
- DO NOT SHIP YOUR ITEMS USING DHL.
- DO NOT use Styrofoam “peanuts” in your packing materials.
C. BANKING INFORMATION
- Once you arrive at Moriah, please speak with Barb Kitsberg, Moriah’s bookkeeper, to confirm contact information for the two weeks following the show and to receive accounting information.
- All final payments will be made via electronic transfer of funds. If you have a US bank account, there is no charge for this service. Please bring your account and bank routing numbers. If you do not have a US bank, we require you to provide us with the necessary banking information, including, but not limited to, the name of your bank, the branch address, SWIFT code and your personal account number. Please bring your banking information with you.
- There is a $30 charge for international wire transfers which will be deducted from your payment.
- If we incur additional bank charges from our bank for this international transfer, these charges will also be deducted from your payment.
D. DURING THE SHOW
- A portion of your ART, with the exception of jewelry, clothing and accessories, must be Judaic in content.
- Moriah Congregation reserves the right to prevent you from selling art which is not representative of the type submitted for selection by the Jury.
- If you have questions about whether any of your pieces meet this requirement, please contact us and we will be happy to discuss it.
- SHOW benefactors and sponsors will be invited to a Special Preview from 7:00 pm to 10:00 pm on Thursday, March 8, 2018.
- Moriah members will be admitted for a Private Showing from 7:30 pm to 8:30 pm on Saturday, March 10, 2018.
- The SHOW will be open to the public:
- Friday March 9, 9:00 am – 1:30 pm
- Saturday, March 10, 8:30 pm -11:30 pm
- Sunday, March 11, 10:00 am – 5:00 pm
- The building will be open to artists at 8:00 am on Friday morning.
- You will not be able to enter our building before 7:00 pm on Saturday night.
- The building will re-open to the artists at 9:00 am Sunday.
- Our show will be held in multiple rooms, all of which are in close proximity to each other.
- The room and location of each artist’s booth will be at Moriah’s sole discretion.
- Each booth must be manned at all times. Volunteers will be available to assist you during the show if you must leave your booth for a short period of time.
- THE PRICE MUST BE CLEARLY MARKED ON EACH PIECE OF ART.
- All Artists selling jewelry must provide small boxes or jewelry bags.
- Moriah volunteers will have sole responsibility for all aspects of sales transactions during the SHOW.
- When a customer is ready to purchase a piece of art, a Moriah volunteer will write up the sales order, you will initial the sale order, and a Moriah volunteer will take the art and the sale order to a central wrapping and accounting station.
- Moriah volunteers will wrap all of the art pieces that are sold.
- Customers will make payments in full, to Moriah Congregation, for everything purchased during the SHOW.
- Cash, personal checks, MasterCard and Visa will be accepted.
- You agree that Moriah Congregation is not responsible or liable in any amount, either partial or full value, for any art, display materials or personal property which is stolen, damaged in any way, taken from or lost during the SHOW or lost or damaged in transit to and from the SHOW.
- Moriah Congregation will provide security through a combination of building-wide security system and security personnel beginning Tuesday, March 6 through the close of the SHOW.
- Due to strict dietary laws observed at Moriah Congregation, no food may be brought into the building at any time.
- Moriah will provide all meals, snacks and drinks to the artists during set-up, SHOW, and tear town.
E. SUNDAY NIGHT PARTY
- Sunday evening, immediately following the SHOW, Moriah will host a dinner for the artists, host families, Moriah staff and members at the home of one of our congregants.
- ALL artists are invited to be our guests and we hope that you will plan to attend.
F. AFTER THE SHOW
- The SHOW will conclude at 5:00 pm on Sunday, March 11, 2018.
- The building will close at 6:00 pm on Sunday and reopen Monday at 8:00 am for you to tear down and pack up. The building will then close at 5:00 pm on Monday.
- Unless prior arrangements are made, all art must be removed from Moriah Congregation no later than 5:00 pm on Monday, March 12, 2018.
- You are responsible for making your own shipping arrangements for your items.
- We suggest that you bring pre-printed, self-addressed labels for shipping of your items.
- You will receive 80% of the amount of all of your sales at the SHOW, less any additional expenses such as rentals.
- Any special order shipping charges for purchases will be charged separately to the customer.
- You may not show your art (including holding a private showing) within a 25 mile radius of Moriah Congregation for three months prior or five (5) days following the SHOW.
- If you make any sale(s) as a result of having participated in Moriah’s SHOW within six (6) months of the SHOW, you agree to remit 20% of the sales to Moriah.
- At the conclusion of the show, you must provide Moriah with a written statement describing the work and the price of your work sold during the SHOW. Moriah will provide you with these forms prior to the SHOW.
- If your statement is in accord with Moriah’s records, Moriah will remit payment per your instructions by Friday, April 7, 2018.
- If your statement is not in accord with Moriah’s records, Moriah will use its best efforts to quickly resolve any discrepancies.
- Moriah will then remit payment per your instructions within seven (7) days of reaching resolution.
Please fill out the ARTIST CONTRACT FORM or ARTIST CONTRACT FORM – Wearable Art and Accessories of this website and click the “Submit” button located at the bottom of that form no later than Friday, November 17, 2017. Submitting the ARTIST CONTRACT form will constitute your acceptance of the contract.
Upon receipt, we will send you a confirmation page listing your information. If any information is missing, you will be requested to e-mail it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to seeing you in March!
Karen Budin, Miriam King, Elizabeth Low, Karen Nochimowski
Moriah Congregation’s 12th Judaic Art & Jewelry Fair
Lisa Kaplan, Executive Director